Live Online • First Line Manager Training • 2-Day Course
This training course is specifically designed for newly promoted first-line managers and individuals with the potential to step into such a role. If you have recently been promoted to a first-line management position or are being considered for such advancement, this course is perfectly tailored to support your growth and success in this pivotal role.
First Line Managers Training Course Overview
- How can you get the best performance from the team?
- The Six Major Skill Sets of management
- SMART Targets
- How to give clear instructions
- The importance of using numbers to clarify the message
- The proper and improper use of humour
- How to handle difficult people
- Don't get emotional, use only factual language
- Prepare your message in advance
- Distinguish between reasons and excuses
- When to compromise and when not to
- Time and task management training
- Use the 'deadline' and the 'value' of the task to prioritise properly
- Distinguish between 'busy-work' and being 'productive'
- The P List: Planning, prioritisation, preparation and prevention
- Handling interruptions and distractions
- Proper delegation
- How to better concentrate and focus
- Positive team atmosphere
- How to keep the conversations productive
- The five-part continuous improvement formula
- The opposing five-part failure formula
- How to give constructive criticism
- Turning negative situations into positive
- Action plan, final summary close
This training is fully interactive and the two consecutive days are delivered via Microsoft Teams from our professional Training Studio. The sessions start at 9am, with breaks at 11am, 1pm and 3pm. We finish at 4.30pm.
This course is also held at venues throughout the UK on a regular basis.
The course fee must be paid in full on receipt of invoice. The Corporate Coach Group reserves the right to re-allocate the course place to another delegate if fees are not paid on time. Failure to receive the course fees in adherence with these terms means that The Corporate Coach Group reserves the right to request payment on the day of the course.
If you are attending courses from abroad and you require visa application letters there will be an admin charge.
In the event of late payment, The Corporate Coach Group reserves the right to charge interest on all outstanding amounts at the rate of 2% per calendar month or part thereof from the last date that payment was due to the date that payment is made.
We allow transfers according to this policy:
- Transfers made 0-14 days prior to a course booked free of charge will be charged a £75 per training day administration fee
- The transfer option only applies to delegates who are transferring to a different date for the same course.
- Delegates must specify their choice of transfer date at the time of transfer.
- If a delegate uses the transfer option, the origional course invoice and the transfer invoice remain due, even if the transfer reservation is subsequently cancelled.
The following charges apply if you cancel:
- 16-22 weeks before a course - no charge
- 8-16 weeks before a course - 25% of the course fee
- 29-56 days before a course - 50% of the course fee
- 15-28 days before a course - 75% of the course fee
- 0-14 days before a course - 100% of the course fee
Changing Delegate Details
There will be no charge if a substitute person wishes to replace the original delegate. Please inform our office of any change to the original booking.
Cancellation and ammendments of courses
The Corporate Coach Group courses are constantly updated and improved and The Corporate Coach Group reserves the right to alter any of the courses’ content without prior notice. The Corporate Coach Group reserves the right to cancel a course at any time without liability. In these circumstances, delegates will be offered an alternative date, a credit note or a full refund.
Course Notes and Training
The notes and training for The Corporate Coach Group courses cannot be relied upon for legal interpretation. Neither The Corporate Coach Group nor its employees, trainers or consultants can accept responsibility for delegates’ actions, or those of other people reading the course notes or interpreting the training in litigation, or responsibility for any loss incurred as a result of relying on the training or the training notes. If in doubt, consult a lawyer.
Discounts and Special Offers
Any discounts offered on The Corporate Coach Group courses are exclusive. They cannot be combined. Except for company wide or pre-agreed discounts, the higher discount will always be applied. In the case of special offers these must be requested at time of booking, and will not automatically be applied.