Employment law update
The legal landscape and how it affects your business, or workplace, is constantly evolving.
This event will bring you up to date on recent changes in legislation and highlight what’s planned for the future; a key consideration for business planning.
Our experienced trainers will explain the changes in a practical and straightforward way which will help you understand the legal changes and, importantly, the impact for your organisation.
Employment law can be a complex area of legislation and is regularly changing and modified. Legislation can be introduced, amended or repealed and when consultations and case law are added, it can be a challenge for those running a business or involved in managing employees.
Keeping abreast of issues helps you steer your business away from litigation and potential financial penalties. By gaining an understanding of the ever changing legal requirements, you can develop strategies that will improve employee engagement, reduce risk and increase organisational resilience.
This event, which is updated regularly, gives you a solid grounding on recent changes to legislation and provides insight into upcoming changes in the law that will enable your business to stay informed, legally compliant and well prepared.
All delegates will receive an electronic certificate of attendance for their participation in the training.
Delegates from all sectors of industry including:
- HR specialists
- Employment relations specialists
- Employee representatives
- Owners of small and medium sized businesses
- Managers and supervisory staff
- Financial directors
- Company secretaries
The current course programme includes the following:
- Details of current statutory payments (statutory sick pay, maternity/paternity pay etc) plus full details of payments from April 2019
- Latest National Minimum Wage and Living Wage Rates
- Employment law changes that come into effect in 2020 and horizon scanning
- Changes to written statements from April 2020
- Good Work – The Taylor Review of Modern Working Practices – the very latest on dates of new legislation implementation
- Latest Government consultations on employment matters
- A number of recent case decisions including:
- can positive action be discriminatory?
- does an employer need to show that suspension is necessary?
- should an employer delay holding a disciplinary hearing due to the employee’s union rep not being available for 2 weeks?
Please note that this programme is subject to change in order for us to provide you with the most recent legislative changes and case law round-up.
Have a large group of staff to train?
To save you time and money, we can deliver bespoke training at your workplace. To find out more contact our Customer Services Team on 0300 123 1150 or complete our online enquiry form
We also offer free e-learning on a wide range of employment relations topics. It's a great way to develop, enhance and refresh your knowledge, providing you with the opportunity to work through theory, explore case studies and answer interactive questions.
Need more than training?
We recognise that every organisation is different. Our specialists can diagnose issues in your workplace and tailor practical solutions to address the challenges faced by you and your staff. To arrange a call or visit or to simply find out more, contact our Customer Services Team on 0300 123 1150 or complete our online enquiry form
Price £110.00 per person Please note our training events are VAT exempt
Please call Acas on 0300 123 1150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For details visit www.acas.org.uk/gpsterms