Who we are
The Better Health at Work project, established in 2004 is a partnership between Kirklees Council, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Local Primary Care Trusts and Jobcentre Plus
We currently provide free workshops, support and advice to employees and small/medium sized enterprises (SME’s) within the Kirklees area. We can facilitate full day or bite size training/advice at your workplace (training session or team meeting slots) or you can attend one of our sessions in the Kirklees area.
Our aim is to promote BETTER HEALTH AT WORK and provide:
- Advice on the benefits of a mentally healthy workforce.
- Tools and tips on how to handle difficult conversations.
- Information on compliance with health and safety legislation and your duty of care.
- The challenges and opportunities of recruitment, retention and the ageing workforce.
- Support your workforce to obtain good health and wellbeing.
- Help in reducing your sickness absence and associated costs through attendance management
- Provide contact information for specialist services and support groups.
Our service is FREE and CONFIDENTIAL
What can you expect from a workshop
One day stress management toolkits for managers or employees run between 09:30 and 15:00
Bite sized workshops last around 2 hrs or can all be adapted to 45 min or less sessions for team meetings/briefings etc.