The Growth Acceleration and Investment Network (GAIN) exists to accelerate the creation, growth and investment in high quality businesses and ideas to create wealth and jobs in the South West Peninsula.
Founded and led by Plymouth University with Plymouth City Council and Tamar Science Park Ltd, GAIN connects national and local support initiatives to create a more coherent support network that is easier for businesses to navigate.
GAIN is an “innovation and enterprise eco-system” that:
- supports people with ideas, businesses that want to grow, and investors;
- joins up business support initiatives and facilities ensuring they are more than the sum of the parts;
- connects universities and colleges, innovation centres and science parks, centres of expertise and research with the region’s business base;
- adds value to existing networks and projects, and joins up providers.
It will do this through:
- providing the Business Engagement Service – a team of business support advisors to help local businesses navigate their way round the support available, working with the Chambers of Commerce and others to help businesses find about what is happening locally and nationally
- the GAIN Digital Exchange – a web based business support tool with signposting to all relevant business support packages including where to raise finance
- coordinating activity to ensure better networking and cross referral between the hundreds of support providers (both local and national).